- FINALLY! The Flyin' King kit has been out of stock for the past year, but a new batch is available now. This has
been a customer favorite for many years because it is a joy to build and even more fun to fly. Float around slow
and stable like a trainer, or slam the sticks for some nimble aerobatics.
Click here for more info on the kit and a bunch of
high-quality optional accessories.
- Bruce's main hobby interest for the past couple of years has been vintage R/C models - models that were designed
at least 35 years ago. Finding info and plans for those old designs took a lot of research, so he decided to compile all
of those resources into a single list. Looking for a vintage R/C project? This would be a good place to start!
Click here for the list with links to all of the resources.
- Right now the Venture 60, Super Flyin' King, and Reaction 54 kits are currently out of stock.
We are keeping a notify-when-ready email list for each design, so let us know if you would like to be added.
You will hear from us as soon as each kit becomes available again.
- We have been quietly selling these 1/6-scale Blue Box
Elite Force Pilots for a few years now.
Jet modelers appreciate these poseable figures for their amazing attention to detail, their uniforms, and the intricate accessories
that are included. All are 1/6 scale, and many are fashioned after famous aviators, like George W. Bush shown here. They are
perfect for the Reaction X and many other jets on the market.
- The Super Flyin' Kings that Bruce built for NASA have a new name - DROID. It stands for Dryden Remotely Operated Integrated Drone. Beats the original
acronym which was GUT (Gordon's Utility Trainer). They are being used in a variety of ways, both in research and educational outreach programs.
NASA Dryden's DROID Mini-UAV Reaches New Heights
Auto-GCAS Flight Tests on DROID UAV Declared a Success
Are These the DROIDS You're Looking For?
- Looking for an inexpensive way to join the turbine crowd? The
BTE Reaction 54 kit is the perfect choice for first-time jet builders
and experienced jet pilots alike. Click the pic for much more info.
* * * * * * * *
NOTE: The R54 wood kit is currently out of stock, but a new batch is in the works right now.
- Handibond has changed, for the good. Same name as before, but now it's made in the USA. Bruce put this CA
to the ultimate test, using it almost exclusively in the construction of the "Storm Chaser" Super Hauler (see below).
BTE is proud to carry, and use, this quality adhesive. The best part? The price!
for more info on the complete line, quantity discounts, and package deals.
- In 2009, BTE contributed to one of the coolest projects ever.
This Super Hauler was flown in front of
oncoming tornados and dropped sensor probes. In our humble opinion, it was the single most eye-catching piece
of equipment used in the entire third season of Discovery Channel's Storm Chasers show. Congrats to
the crew from Radiance Technologies who operated the Super Hauler in a safe and professional manner despite the
extreme conditions. Kudos also to Reed Timmer and the TVN crew who pulled the trigger on this risky project. BTE is
very proud to be involved with dedicated and passionate people like this.
- Bruce spent much of 2008 building three big UAVs
for the University of North Dakota. It is a stretched version of the Super Flyin' King, optimized for heavy lifting.
We consider it a new design, and have named it the BTE Super Hauler. There are
no plans to offer the Super Hauler as a kit, but
click here for an inside look at the project.
- These four modified Super Flyin' King airframes were built at BTE for NASA.
They are now being used at the Dryden Research Center, located on Edwards Air Force Base,
for a variety of missions. The folks there call them DROIDs,
which stands for Dryden Remotely Operated Integrated Drone.
Click here for more info.
Are These the DROIDS You're Looking For? (Dryden Website)